An Evening with David Sedaris
- Mon / October 16, 2023 7:30 PM Add to Calendar Buy Tickets
With sardonic wit and incisive social critiques, Mr. Sedaris has become one of America’s pre-eminent humor writers. The great skill with which he slices through cultural euphemisms and political correctness proves that Sedaris is a master of satire and one of the most observant writers addressing the human condition today. One of his new books, The Best of Me (Little Brown/ Hachette, Fall 2020), is a collection of 42 previously published stories and essays, about which novelist Andrew Sean Greer wrote in the New York Times: “You must read “The Best of Me.” It will be a new experience, knowing that enough time has passed to find humor in the hardest parts of life. More than ever — we’re allowed to laugh.”
If you love David Sedaris’s cheerfully misanthropic stories, you might think you know what you’re getting into at his live readings. You’d be wrong. To see him read his own work on stage allows his autobiographical narrative to reveal a uniquely personal narrative that will keep you laughing throughout the evening.
Four Ways To Purchase Tickets
- Order Online at cbusarts.com
- Call the CBUSArts Ticket Center at 614-469-0939.
- Use the CBUSArts app - available for Apple and Android devices.
- Visit the CBUSArts Ticket Center at the Ohio Theatre (39 E. State Street).