Get Even Closer to the Arts: Jobs at CAPA
It takes a lot of behind-the-scenes effort to bring quality entertainment to Columbus. CAPA is a great opportunity to go beyond the stage and learn about the arts from the inside out.
CAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
President and CEO
The Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) seeks a forward-thinking, energetic and visionary professional to serve as their President and CEO. The CEO leads CAPA as a theatre owner/landlord, presenter of performing arts, shared services manager, theater-based community developer, and fundraiser. Each year, CAPA welcomes more than 530,000 patrons to over 700 events across seven venues with a combined capacity of over 10,000 seats. Individuals who are interested are encouraged to apply by sending a CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To view the full job description for this position, please visit: www.ams-online.com/capa-seeks-president-and-ceo/.
Social Media Coordinator
Job summary: The Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) seeks a full-time Social Media Coordinator to be responsible for social media marketing and advertising for CAPA and its affiliated organizations. In addition, this position is responsible for thought leadership on social media trends and opportunities, and proactively recommends initiatives that can be applied across our affiliated companies (CAPA, CATCO, CATCO is Kids, Drexel, Festival Latino, Opera Columbus, Lincoln Theatre, McCoy Center for the Arts, Broadway in Columbus).
- Serves as the primary social media strategist, content creator and coordinator for our affiliated companies on social media platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and CAPA’s blog.
- Develops and maintains project/content calendars for social media messaging (including paid promotions) and blog updates
- Coordinates and assists in producing videos for use on websites and social media channels for CAPA and its affiliates. Projects include concert teasers, behind-the-scenes, fan-cams, season previews, etc.
- Collaborates with marketing managers to organize and execute paid digital strategy, including but not limited to: SEM, display advertising, promoted social media campaigns and retargeting efforts
- Identifies target audiences and devises digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate them to action
- Sets and manages SEO initiatives for all organizations, including Google AdGrants
- Works directly with the organizations’ marketing team, artistic leadership, and other appropriate departments to generate and implement new content ideas Works with employees throughout our affiliated companies to generate and identify other content opportunities
- Measures, tracks, analyzes, and reports on social media analytics; makes recommendations for future improvement
- Monitors comments and provides timely responses to social activity—engaging followers/advocates and providing outstanding customer service; Consults with appropriate staff for resolution as necessary
- Stays current with social media best practices of other cultural and relevant for-profit institutions
- Ensures that communication accurately reflects the voice of CAPA and its affiliated organizations
- Serves as member of crisis communication team
- Bachelor’s Degree; Concentration in Marketing, PR or Communications is preferred
- Experience managing social media accounts and digital marketing (including SEO/SEM and display advertising)
- Active presence on social media channels desired
- Proficiency with Google Analytics as well as setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns
- Proficiency with Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite products, CS5 and higher Familiarity with primary metrics for social platform management and measurement, including HootSuite
- Knowledge of video editing software (Windows Movie Maker, iMovie) and ticketing system is a plus
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as necessary
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, accurate, efficient and diplomatic Possess good judgment and analytical skills, and can creatively problem solve
- Keen visual sense of design standards
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Internship - Summer 2017
CAPA seeks a high energy, motivated professional to join its marketing team as a CAPA marketing intern. The ideal candidate is passionate about advancing performing arts and has a desire to work with traditional and digital marketing. This is an unpaid internship with a time commitment of May-August.
What You Will Learn
- Creating long term social media plans and marketing calendars
- Tracking social media and email analytics
- Creating engaging online content
- Grassroots distribution of marketing materials
- Planning and assisting with CAPA events
- Relationship building and teamwork within a fast-paced office environment
- Other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For:
- Individuals who are passionate about the arts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and Hootsuite
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a day-to-day basis
- Excellent and professional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Photoshop, HTML, and Google Analytics preferred
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation and own a laptop and smart phone
- CAPA background check required
Please send a cover letter (including availability) and resume to email@example.com by March 31, 2017.
*No phone calls, please.
Owner and operator of downtown Columbus' historic Ohio, Palace, and Southern Theatres, and manager of the Riffe Center Theatre Complex, Lincoln Theatre, and Shubert Theatre (New Haven, CT), the Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) is a non-profit, award-winning presenter of national and international performing arts and entertainment. For more information, visit www.capa.com.