Get Even Closer to the Arts: Jobs at CAPA
It takes a lot of behind-the-scenes effort to bring quality entertainment to Columbus. CAPA is a great opportunity to go beyond the stage and learn about the arts from the inside out.
CAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Youth Orchestra Operations Coordinator
Job Summary: The Columbus Symphony Orchestra (CSO) seeks a Youth Orchestra Operations Coordinator to be responsible for the management of all aspects necessary for the operation of the Youth Orchestra. This position will act as liaison between the CSO Education department, the conductor, and the musicians and parents.
- Maintain open communication with Youth Orchestras Manager
- Prepare music folders for rehearsals and events
- Attend all rehearsals, concerts and retreats
- Ensure that all concerts and retreats have necessary auxiliary instruments, percussion equipment and accessories
- Recruit and hire coaches for rehearsals in a timely manner
- Oversee operational needs
- Promptly respond to parent communications
- Set up chairs and podium appropriately for rehearsal
- Take attendance and follow up on absences during the rehearsal, update Charms website
- Assist with sectionals/playing in the section as needed
- Collect the music following each concert
- Empty folders after final concert, determining any lost music and billing students appropriately
- Assist with student photos
- Assist with auditions in the spring
- Degree or current student in Music, Music Education or related.
- 1-3 years' experience with orchestra or band is necessary
- Satisfactory FBI/BCI background check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with orchestral music, instruments and the general operations of an orchestra
- Ability to communicate comfortably with students and parents alike
Additional Information: This is Part Time, working Wednesday evenings, occasional weekends and additional weekly prep time from August through May.
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter by Thursday, June 30 to email@example.com or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
55 E State St.
Columbus, OH 43215
Special Events and Donor Relations Intern
Job Summary: CAPA seeks a Special Events Intern to be responsible for supporting the Development staff on major fundraising special events including galas, pre-show parties and individual/sponsor cultivation events. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain experience in an energetic and established non-profit organization. They will be a fully integrated member of a dynamic team and will obtain the opportunity to explore all of the back-office departments which enable CAPA to carry out its mission. This is an unpaid internship being offered now through summer 2016.
- Work closely with development staff to coordinate sponsorship, host committee, and invitation mailings. Manage and update event mailing list.
- Provide pre-event administrative support to Events Manager
- Coordinate follow-up with companies to secure items
- Work with development staff and event committee to package items
- Product package descriptions and signage for the event
- Be on site at multiple events and play a major role in event-day execution.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Build awareness of fundraising procedures and best practices
- Develop hands-on event planning experience
- Learn day to day operations of performing arts non-profits organizations
- Strong organizational skills
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Attention to accuracy and detail on all levels
- Excellent verbal and email (Outlook) communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be comfortable on the phone and have a pleasant manner
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing Internship - Fall 2016
CAPA seeks a high energy, motivated professional to join its marketing team as a CAPA marketing intern. The ideal candidate is passionate about advancing performing arts and has a desire to work with traditional and digital marketing. This is an unpaid internship with a time commitment of September through December.
What You Will Learn
- Creating long term social media plans and marketing calendars
- Tracking social media and email analytics
- Creating engaging online content
- Grassroots distribution of marketing materials
- Planning and assisting with CAPA events
- Relationship building and teamwork within a fast-paced office environment
- Other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For:
- Individuals who are passionate about the arts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and Hootsuite
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a day-to-day basis
- Excellent and professional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Photoshop, HTML, and Google Analytics preferred
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation and own a laptop and smart phone
- CAPA background check required
Please send a cover letter (including availability) and resume to email@example.com by July 25, 2016.
*No phone calls, please.
Owner and operator of downtown Columbus' historic Ohio, Palace, and Southern Theatres, and manager of the Riffe Center Theatre Complex, Lincoln Theatre, and Shubert Theatre (New Haven, CT), the Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) is a non-profit, award-winning presenter of national and international performing arts and entertainment. For more information, visit www.capa.com.