Get Even Closer to the Arts: Jobs at CAPA
It takes a lot of behind-the-scenes effort to bring quality entertainment to Columbus. CAPA is a great opportunity to go beyond the stage and learn about the arts from the inside out.
CAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Job summary: : CAPA seeks a full-time Staff Accountant to be responsible for data entry and accounting functions for non-profits arts organizations that are serviced under CAPA’s shared service contracts.
- Record financial transactions into the accounting system
- Analyze various balance sheet accounts monthly for accurate balances
- Handle other miscellaneous entries, corrections, or adjustments with minimal supervision
- Maintain accounts payable to include vouchering of invoices, maintenance of the Aged A/P and processing of weekly check runs. Maintain W-9 files and the preparation of annual 1099 reporting
- Maintain the accounts receivable to include entry of invoice data, printing and distribution of invoices, and follow-up on unpaid balances
Bank Statements/Investment Statement
- Reconcile bank and investment statements to the general ledger
- Examine assigned bank and investment statements for unusual or unauthorized activity, and verify that all fees are correct
- Coordinate changes to approved bank signers under direction of the CFO
- Compile accurate information in the format specified by the requesting entity
- Present the information in the required format, or provide the information to Advancement or the Auditors as necessary
- Assist in maintaining an up-to-date calendar of reporting deadlines
Monthly Financial Reporting
- Compile monthly financial statements
- Update monthly projections
- Proofread the statements and the monthly board reports
- Prepare year-end audit schedules
- Review the general ledger and account balances for possible year-end corrections
- Provide support for the annual audit and for IRS 990 preparation
- Prepare annual budgets
- Create cash/check image log file for deposits of any shared services organizations assigned
- Assist in miscellaneous analysis, projects, and needs of the department as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree or coursework in Accounting/Finance
- Accounting experience in an office environment
- Proficiency in standard office computer software
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilties:
- Knowledge of accounting concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to complete tasks on a timely basis and meet deadlines
- Ability to pass a standard background and credit check
To Apply: Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
55 E. State St.
Columbus, OH 43215
Job Summary: The Columbus Association for the Performing Arts seeks two (2) part-time Bartenders to provide exemplary service to patrons during events located at our various theatres.
- Guest services–Maintain guest service standards & procedures. Resolve guest's complaints/issues or direct to appropriate supervisory personnel. Understand alcohol management, including procedures for checking ID's, recognizing personal limits of guests
- Fiscal operations–maintain accurate and secure cash handling skills while verifying opening bank account, proceeds generated and post-event closing bank account, assist with cost control of product through proper pour techniques.
- Maintain stock of bars before, during and after events while communicating needs to food & beverage manager.
- Maintain cleanliness of bars and storage areas.
- Personnel–Oversee concession volunteers while working in tandem
- High School Diploma
- Prior experience in guest relations, hospitality, and fiscal responsibility
- Maintain certification in approved alcohol seller/server course
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to do basic math quickly
- Knowledgeable of applicable Ohio Liquor Laws
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. or more
- Ability to work at all 5 theatres (Ohio, Palace, Southern, Riffe Center, and Lincoln), the Columbus Commons and Festival Latino
Special Information: Shifts and hours vary, but will typically require a commitment of one-three 4-hour shifts per week.
To Apply: Please email or mail your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Attn: Human Resources
55 E. State Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Job summary: The Columbus Association for the Performing Arts seeks a Development Associate to be responsible for providing information management support to the Vice President of Development and the CAPA Development Department. This also includes the organizations to which CAPA provides shared fundraising services.
- Maintain Vice President's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, teleconferences, and travel
- Conserves department employee time by: researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
- Support day-to-day administrative tasks including copying, scanning, and archiving, packet preparation, etc.
- Manage department mailbox, calendar (Outlook) and track event RSVPs
- Print and fulfill monthly mailings for each organizations
- Maintains department supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies
- Additional duties as assigned
- 3–5 years administrative experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Prior work experience in the arts and/or non-profit sector is preferred
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Access
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Strong administrative writing, scheduling, meeting management and organization skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
Additional information: In addition to a standard background check, this position requires a credit check that is satisfactory to management.
To Apply: email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
55 E State Street
Columbus, Oh 43215
Marketing Internship - Winter 2017
CAPA seeks a high energy, motivated professional to join its marketing team as a CAPA marketing intern. The ideal candidate is passionate about advancing performing arts and has a desire to work with traditional and digital marketing. This is an unpaid internship with a time commitment of September through December.
What You Will Learn
- Creating long term social media plans and marketing calendars
- Tracking social media and email analytics
- Creating engaging online content
- Grassroots distribution of marketing materials
- Planning and assisting with CAPA events
- Relationship building and teamwork within a fast-paced office environment
- Other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For:
- Individuals who are passionate about the arts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and Hootsuite
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a day-to-day basis
- Excellent and professional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Photoshop, HTML, and Google Analytics preferred
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation and own a laptop and smart phone
- CAPA background check required
Please send a cover letter (including availability) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 18, 2016.
*No phone calls, please.
Owner and operator of downtown Columbus' historic Ohio, Palace, and Southern Theatres, and manager of the Riffe Center Theatre Complex, Lincoln Theatre, and Shubert Theatre (New Haven, CT), the Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) is a non-profit, award-winning presenter of national and international performing arts and entertainment. For more information, visit www.capa.com.