Get Even Closer to the Arts: Jobs at CAPA
It takes a lot of behind-the-scenes effort to bring quality entertainment to Columbus. CAPA is a great opportunity to go beyond the stage and learn about the arts from the inside out.
CAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
CAPA (Columbus Association for the Performing Arts) is seeking a Digital Marketing Coordinator. Responsibilities include: leadership of website management and development, social media, email marketing, and analytics of all digital initiatives for CAPA, Broadway in Columbus, and Festival Latino and the organizations to which CAPA provides shared services, including CATCO, Columbus Symphony, Drexel Theatre, Lincoln Theatre Association, McCoy Center for the Arts, and Opera Columbus. This position is responsible for thought leadership on digital marketing trends and opportunities. Other responsibilities include coordinating and producing videos for online use, supervising the digital media assistant position, and other duties as assigned.
- Previous website management experience is required for this position.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (CS5 and higher), including Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks
- Familiarity with a variety of CMS and email marketing platforms
- Familiarity with online management systems, including HootSuite and online form builders
- Working knowledge of social media including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Google+
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills; be detail-oriented, organized, accurate, efficient; possess good judgment; be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Keen visual sense of design standards
- Video editing experience and ticketing system knowledge a plus
Credentials and Experience
- Previous experience and demonstrated proficiency managing websites and social media accounts
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred concentration in computer science, design, marketing, communications).
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com or Marketing Director, CAPA, 55 E. State St., Columbus, OH 43215. No phone calls please.
CAPA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
CAPA seeks a high energy, motivated professional to join its marketing team as a CAPA marketing intern. The ideal candidate is passionate about advancing performing arts and has a desire to work with traditional and digital marketing. This is an unpaid internship with a time commitment of September through December.
What You Will Learn
- Creating long term social media plans and marketing calendars
- Tracking social media and email analytics
- Creating engaging online content
- Grassroots distribution of marketing materials
- Planning and assisting with CAPA events
- Relationship building and teamwork within a fast-paced office environment
- Other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For:
- Individuals who are passionate about the arts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and Hootsuite
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a day-to-day basis
- Excellent and professional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Photoshop, HTML, and Google Analytics preferred
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation and own a laptop and smart phone
- CAPA background check required
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*No phone calls, please.
Owner and operator of downtown Columbus' historic Ohio, Palace, and Southern Theatres, and manager of the Riffe Center Theatre Complex, Lincoln Theatre, and Shubert Theatre (New Haven, CT), the Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) is a non-profit, award-winning presenter of national and international performing arts and entertainment. For more information, visit www.capa.com.