Get Even Closer to the Arts: Jobs at CAPA
It takes a lot of behind-the-scenes effort to bring quality entertainment to Columbus. Working at CAPA is a great opportunity to go beyond the stage and learn about the arts from the inside out.
CAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
CAPA Director of Education
Job Summary: CAPA seeks a Director of Education to create, implement, and provide successful oversight and execution for all education programs in accordance with CAPA’s mission and strategic plan. The Director of Education leads and invigorates current education programs with innovative strategies, creatively conceptualizes and develops new education programs, and implements and executes the new “Jimmy Awards” program. This position works to build support with various education and community partners and is an internal and external advocate for program initiatives, ensuring they align with CAPA’s goals.
Programming & Operations
- Conceptualizes, develops and implements new education programs and collaborations such as In-School Workshops, Master Classes, and In-Theatre Programs for Schools.
- Creates, implements and executes “Jimmy Awards” program.
- Works with appropriate staff to coordinate programming themes and content for all programs.
- Coordinates creation of production materials such as program and curriculum books, teacher’s guides, and web content.
- Schedules staff and volunteers to successfully cover all events and programs.
- Coordinates event logistics. Ex: Arrange time and date of an in-school master class with the school. Arrange for the guest artist to be present at the school at the scheduled time.
- Researches and develops new programs and initiatives that support the educational missions of CAPA.
- Stays abreast of current trends and research in music education to identify new opportunities, and inform others within the organizations of such trends as appropriate.
Community Outreach & Marketing
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with community educational leaders, youth organizations, and arts organizations. Utilizes these relationships to maximize program outreach and distribute information about programs to target audiences.
- Ensures educational programming is welcoming and accessible to all.
- Serves as the CAPA contact for schools. Coordinates with schools to schedule various school programs.
- Coordinates the creation of marketing materials that will promote the educational programs. Writes copy as needed and works with marketing/graphics to create marketing pieces
- Works with Fundraising to identify potential funding sources for programs.
- Provides educational information and stats as needed for grant requests.
- Serves as a spokesperson for educational fundraising efforts as needed.
- Works with accounting to develop annual education budget, including development of individual program budgets as needed.
- Tracks department expenditures against budgeted figures, and ensures compliance with determined budget limits.
- Bachelor’s of Arts or Science degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university
- Minimum of five years direct or related experience assessing, developing and managing educational programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule; evening and weekend hours may be required based on programming needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, work under deadlines, and understand basic budgeting and financial oversight concepts.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, tact, and diplomacy with all internal and external interactions.
- Proficiency in computer skills is required, and knowledge of basic software programs including Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Special Information: This position requires a satisfactory background check. CAPA will determine the level of background check required based upon current industry standards for individuals working with children.
To Apply: Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]
Primary Function: CAPA is seeking a Concessions Coordinator to support the Food and Beverage Manager and Provide first class food and beverage service for guests attending theatre events at all Columbus locations including receptions and meetings. This is a fulltime, hourly position that includes standard CAPA benefits. This position also requires a flexible schedule that includes varying day, night, weekends and holiday availability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain concession equipment
- Plan for the maintenance of food and beverage equipment.
- Recruit and train concession staff and volunteers
- Work with user groups and clients to prepare for upcoming events
- Supervise event concession operations primarily at Ohio and Palace.
- Cash controls:
- Verification of receipts
- Proper security of product
- Follow control procedures as defined by CAPA mgt. to secure assets
- Cash controls:
- Evaluate product inventory needs in relation to event needs
- Distribution, balancing, and verification of event banks, proceeds and change fund
- Supervision of concession staff
- Assist with product delivery and stocking
- Assist with monthly inventory
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with customers and staff.
- High degree of organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel. A high level of accuracy will be required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of concession operations and ability to handle changing needs of customers are important.
- Must be able to perform lifting up to 75 pounds, standing, bending and kneeling.
- Must be able to climb stairs repeatedly throughout the course of performance and/or work day, as necessary.
Credentials and Experience
- Food handler’s license, TIPS training, Serve Safe certification.
To Apply: Please email resume to [email protected]
Job Summary: The Columbus Association for the Performing Arts seeks a part-time Bartender to provide exemplary service to patrons during events located at our various theatres.
- Maintains guest service standards and procedures
- Resolves guest’s complaints/issues or directs to appropriate supervisory personnel
- Understands alcohol management, including procedures for checking ID’s, recognizing personal limits of guests
- Maintains accurate and secure cash handling skills while verifying opening bank account, proceeds generated and post-event closing bank account
- Assists with cost control of product through proper pour techniques
- Maintains stock of bars before, during and after events while communicating needs to Food and Beverage Manager
- Maintains cleanliness of bars and storage areas
- Oversees concession volunteers while working in tandem
- High School Diploma
- Prior experience in guest relations, hospitality and fiscal responsibility
- Maintain certification in approved alcohol seller/server course
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Evening and weekend availability
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to do basic math quickly
- Knowledgeable of applicable Ohio Liquor Laws
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to work at all 5 theatres (Ohio, Palace, Southern, Riffe Center and Lincoln), the Columbus Commons, and Festival Latino
Special Information: This is a part time position with shifts happening weekday nights and on weekends both day and night events. Weekend availability is a must.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]