Jason Gay, the Ohio Theatre’s stage manager, and Lisa, our Broadway fan girl extraordinaire, take you on a 360 degree tour of the Ohio Theatre. Enjoy!
Piping hot Broadway news, gossip and local behind-the-scenes footage every Friday.
Help us celebrate the 100th episode!
Broadway Dish's 100th episode will be posted on September 14. To celebrate this milestone, we're doing a lip sync video to the song, "There's No Business Like Show Business." We'll feature clips of Broadway Dish fans singing parts of this beloved classic. You can choose to lip sync to the whole song or just one or two lines. Here's how you can be part of the 100th episode:
- Record a HORIZONTAL video of yourself lip syncing to "There's No Business Like Show Business"
- Please use this mp3 (Ethel Merman There's No Business Like Show Business-Edit.mp3) when recording your video (this is a shortened version of the song)
- If you need it, click here for a lyrics sheet.
- Have fun recording your video! Dance, use props, show us your jazz hands (have you seen the recent police department lip sync challenge videos? We want to have fun like that)! Click here to view a sample/inspiration video
- Solo lip syncers and groups are welcome to participate (pet participation is also encouraged)
- Upload your HORIZONTAL video (recorded on a phone is perfect) to: http://bit.ly/BroadwayDishClips
- Please submit your videos by 11:59pm on Monday, September 3
Our Broadway fan girl extraordinaire turned to a pro from both the theatre and football worlds (aka EDDIE GEORGE!) to help the big game make a little more sense.
Lisa got a chance to chat with the cast and creative team (including Diane Paulus, Jessie Nelson and Sara Bareilles) of Waitress the Musical. Check out what they had to say about the show.
The show's stars, Deborah Cox and Judson Mills, have amazing chemistry on stage. Which made us curious to see how well they knew each other off stage. So, we decided to put them to the test with our co-star quiz.