Get Even Closer to the Arts: Internships at CAPA
It takes a lot of behind-the-scenes effort to bring quality entertainment to Columbus. Working at CAPA is a great opportunity to go beyond the stage and learn about the arts from the inside out.
CAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Broadway Marketing Intern
Internship Summary - The Columbus Association for the Performing Arts seeks a high energy, motivated professional to join its marketing team as a Broadway Marketing Intern. The ideal candidate is passionate about advancing performing arts and has a desire to work with traditional and digital marketing. This is an unpaid internship with a time commitment of January-May.
- Assists with social media channels – creating content and engaging with current audience
- Writes copy for e-mail, advertisements, Web site, etc.
- Assists with advertising settlements
- Assists with planning and attends the 2019/2020 Season Announcement Event (early April)
- Proofreads, edits, and traffics print and digital ads
- Assists with promotions for Broadway shows
- Attends and assists with opening nights of Broadway shows (Jan 29, Mar 19, Apr 9 and May 7)
- Interacts and communicates with Broadway Across America NY office and individual Broadway show representatives
- Assists with literature distribution
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; university student working towards Marketing degree preferred
- Individual who is passionate about the arts, specifically Broadway
- Experience working with various social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Curious, self-starter who can hit the ground running
- Available to work occasional evenings (Jan 29, Mar 19, Apr 1, Apr 9 and May 7)
- Must have reliable transportation and own a smart phone
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a day-to-day basis
- Strong communication skills, timeliness, attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- CAPA background check required
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Special Events Intern
Internship Summary: CAPA seeks a Special Events Intern to support the Special Events Manager and Development Staff on major fundraising special events including galas, pre-show parties and individual/sponsor cultivation events. In addition to CAPA, this includes organizations to which CAPA provides shared services (CATCO, Columbus Symphony Orchestra, Friends of the Drexel, Inc., Lincoln Theatre Association, Jeanne B. McCoy Center for the Arts and Opera Columbus).
The Special Events Internship is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain experience in an energetic and established non-profit organization. This intern will be a fully integrated member of the dynamic Development Team and will interact with many of the departments which enable CAPA to carry out its mission. The Special Events Intern will have the opportunity to network with some community volunteers.
Please note that any areas of interest will be considered in addition to those outlined below.
- Work closely with Development Staff to coordinate sponsorship, host committee, and invitation mailings
- Manage and update event mailing list
- Provide pre-event administrative support to the Special Events Manager
- Manage solicitation process and tracking spreadsheet for the CATCO and Columbus Symphony Gala’s silent auction
- Coordinate follow-up with companies to secure items
- Work with Development Staff and Event Committee to package items
- Produce package descriptions and signage for the event
- Be on site at multiple events and play a major role in event-day execution
- Build awareness of fundraising procedures and best practices
- Develop hands-on event planning experience
- Learn day to day operations of performing arts non-profit organizations
- Advanced computer skills required, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Must be comfortable on the phone and have a pleasant manner
- Must be able to fulfill internship during gala season September 2018 through May 31, 2019.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and email (Outlook) communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Attention to accuracy and detail on all levels
We are looking for two candidates who can commit to 10-15 hours a week. This is an unpaid internship with a living stipend of $500 per semester. Free parking is included.
To Apply: Email resume to [email protected]