Get Even Closer to the Arts: Internships at CAPA
It takes a lot of behind-the-scenes effort to bring quality entertainment to Columbus. Working at CAPA is a great opportunity to go beyond the stage and learn about the arts from the inside out.
CAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Special Events Intern
CAPA seeks a Special Events Intern to support the Development staff on major fundraising special events including galas, pre-show parties and individual/sponsor cultivation events. In addition to CAPA, this includes organizations to which CAPA provides shared services (CATCO, Columbus Symphony Orchestra, Friends of the Drexel, Inc., Lincoln Theatre Association, Jeanne B. McCoy Center for the Arts and Opera Columbus). This is an unpaid internship with a time commitment of August - May. Free parking will be provided. The selected candidate is eligible to receive a stipend of $500 per semester.
The Special Events Internship is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain experience in an energetic and established non-profit organization. This intern will be a fully integrated member of the dynamic development team and will interact with many of the departments which enable CAPA to carry out its mission. The Special Events Intern will have the opportunity to network with some community volunteers. Please note that any areas of interest will be considered in addition to those outlined below.
- Work closely with development staff to coordinate sponsorship, host committee, and invitation mailings
- Manage and update event mailing lists
- Provide pre-event administrative support to Events Manager
- Manage solicitation process and tracking spreadsheet for the CATCO Gala silent auction
- Coordinate follow-up with companies to secure items
- Work with development staff and event committee to package items
- Produce package descriptions and signage for the event
- Be on site at multiple events and play a major role in event-day execution
- Build awareness of fundraising procedures and best practices
- Develop hands-on event planning experience
- Learn day-to-day operations of performing arts non-profit organizations
- Advanced computer skills required, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be comfortable on the phone and have a pleasant manner
- Must be able to fulfill internship during gala season through May 31, 2020 including evening and weekend events.
- Must be a Junior or Senior
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and email (Outlook) communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Attention to accuracy and detail on all levels
To Apply, click here.