Get Even Closer to the Arts: Internships at CAPA
It takes a lot of behind-the-scenes effort to bring quality entertainment to Columbus. Working at CAPA is a great opportunity to go beyond the stage and learn about the arts from the inside out.
CAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Picnic with the Pops Development Intern - Columbus Symphony
Internship Summary: Columbus Symphony seeks a Special Events Intern to support the Data Analyst and Project Manager and Symphony staff with initiatives such as Picnic with the Pops corporate sponsorship support and day-to-day development support.
The Picnic with the Pops Development Internship is a meaningful opportunity to gain special events and fundraising experience in a large arts non-profit organization. This intern will be a fully integrated member of the Development team and will interact with other departments which enable the symphony to carry out its mission. The Picnic with the Pops Development Intern will have opportunities network with community volunteers. Please note that any expressed areas of interest will be considered in addition to those outlined below.
- Work closely with Development staff to coordinate Picnic with the Pops sponsorship mailings
- Serve as secondary contact for Picnic with the Pops sponsorship inquiries
- Manage and update weekly table information, signs and sponsorship perks for outdoor concerts
- Provide pre-concert administrative support to the event team
- Be on site at every Picnic with the Pops concert and play a major role in event-day execution
- Assist with additional Development projects as assigned
- Build awareness of fundraising procedures and best practices
- Develop hands-on event planning experience
- Learn day-to-day operations of performing arts non-profit organizations
- Advanced computer skills required, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher
- Must be comfortable on the phone and have a pleasant manner
- Must be able to fulfill internship in entirety during the 2019 Picnic with the Pops season (May 2019 - August 2019)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and email communication
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Attention to accuracy and detail on all levels
We are looking for a candidate who can commit to 10-15 hours a week and is able to work during the following concert nights: Friday, June 15; Saturday, June 16; Saturday, June 22; Saturday, June 29; Saturday, July 6; Saturday, July 13; Saturday, July 20; Friday, July 26; and Saturday, July 27. This is a paid internship at $10/hour. Free parking is included.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]