Get Even Closer to the Arts: Internships at CAPA
It takes a lot of behind-the-scenes effort to bring quality entertainment to Columbus. Working at CAPA is a great opportunity to go beyond the stage and learn about the arts from the inside out.
CAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Broadway Marketing Intern
Primary Function: The Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) seeks a high energy, motivated professional to join its marketing team as a Broadway Marketing Intern. The ideal candidate is passionate about advancing performing arts and has a desire to work with traditional and digital marketing. This Internship will tentatively end April 2020.
Special Information: The intern will receive a $500 stipend per semester. Free parking will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with social media channels by creating content and engaging with current audience.
- Writes copy for e-mail, advertisements, Web site, etc.
- Assists with advertising settlements.
- Assists with planning and attends the 2020/2021 Season Announcement Event (early March).
- Proofreads, edits, and traffics print and digital ads.
- Assists with promotions for Broadway shows.
- Attends and assists with opening nights of Broadway shows (January 28, March 11, April 22).
- Interacts and communicates with Broadway Across America NY office and individual Broadway show representatives.
- Assists with literature distribution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong communication skills, timeliness, attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
Credentials and Experience:
- Junior or Senior working towards an undergraduate degree in Marketing or a related field.
- Individual who is passionate about the arts, specifically Broadway.
- Experience working with various social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Curious, self-starter who can hit the ground running.
- Available to work occasional evenings (January 10, January 28, March 2, March 11, April 22).
- Must have reliable transportation and own a smart phone.
- CAPA background check required.
To Apply: Submit your application HERE including your resume, cover letter, and work availability (office hours are M-F, 9am - 5pm) to be considered.