Get Even Closer to the Arts: Internships at CAPA
It takes a lot of behind-the-scenes effort to bring quality entertainment to Columbus. Working at CAPA is a great opportunity to go beyond the stage and learn about the arts from the inside out.
CAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Digital & Video Marketing Internship
CAPA seeks a high energy, motivated professional to join its marketing team as the CAPA Digital & Video Marketing Intern. The ideal candidate is passionate about advancing performing arts and has a desire to work with digital marketing and video content and creation. This internship has a time commitment of June – September and provides free parking and a $500 living expense stipend.
What You Will Do:
- Edit raw video footage (including logging and organizing footage, cutting interviews, etc.) to turn into a finished product in collaboration with the Digital Media Assistant
- Create and write content for CAPA social media channels and its affiliates (including Opera Columbus, Columbus Symphony, Lincoln Theatre, McCoy Center, CATCO, Broadway in Columbus and Festival Latino)
- Assist with photography and video shoots (setting up lights, sound equipment, etc.)
- Assist in production for CAPA social, video, and marketing projects
- Strategic planning and implementation of marketing strategy for Festival Latino
- Work with members of the CAPA Marketing team on various marketing projects
- Other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For:
- Individuals who are passionate about the arts
- Experience with video and video editing software preferred, but not required.
- Basic knowledge/experience with DSLR cameras.
- Experience working with social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a day-to-day basis
- Strong communication skills, timeliness, attention to detail and critical thinking individuals.
- Must be available the weekend of August 11-12 for Festival Latino coverage, and June 8-10 for the Columbus Arts Festival
- Must have reliable transportation and own a smart phone
- CAPA background check required
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]